I’m looking to feature more Native designers on this blog, and to facilitate that, I’ve put together a questionnaire. I’m asking that designers submit images of their work, 3-7 pieces (typography, layouts, posters, t-shirt designs, logos, etc), along with their answers to the questions. (Please feel free to give me feedback on the questions themselves as well! Let me know if anything should be added.) Email me at neeb at neebin.com with your answers and images. Thanks, you awesome, talented designers! People need to know about us and what we do!
- What is/are your tribal affiliation(s), and where are you from?
- What do you do/what are your areas of expertise?
- How would you describe your style? What are your influences?
- How/when did you first become aware of graphic design as a field?
- Where did you go to school to study (or how did you begin practicing graphic design)?
- Who are some of your clients and/or where have you worked in a creative capacity?
- What are your favorite kinds of design projects to work on? Tell us about a project you are particularly proud of.
- What sorts of projects do you want to work on in the future?
- Have any design pet peeves?
- Do you have any creative heros or projects you admire?
- How does your ethnicity factor into your work or experience as a designer (if it does)?
- When it comes to Native Americans and graphic design, is there anything you would like to see? (Be as broad or specific as you like!)
- Are there any particular challenges you have encountered as a designer that you would like addressed?
- What would you say to young Natives who are interested in pursuing graphic design or are just beginning their design careers?
- Optional question: How can more Natives be encouraged/enabled to enter the field?
- Anything else you would like people to know about you?